Are you ready to help people achieve their employment goals? Then you are the person to fill our Employment Coordinator role based at Bankstown!
The position is closed-term full-time (1-year duration) and the successful candidate will be working Monday to Friday. The vacancy is classified at Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement 2018 and includes an attractive salary package in addition to superannuation and leave loading.
About the Opportunity
The Employment Coordinator will act as an expert resource to local Mental Health teams by providing support to local staff in the delivery of the DES program. You will assist sites in achieving DES targets by working as part of the Mental Health team.
As an Employment Coordinator you will:
- Ensure that jobseeker intake, initial appointments and interviews are carried out at all sites in accordance with the DES program guidelines.
- Support local site teams in assessing referred jobseekers according to their skills, vocational preferences and barriers to employment.
- Engage local businesses and employers to source and create job vacancies for Flourish Australia’s jobseekers.
- Provide support, mentoring and other assistance to ensure the sustainability of jobseeker employment placements and track all placements to maximise Employment Outcomes.
This vacancy would suit someone who wants to work as part of a multi-disciplined team with the support of our extensive organisation.
For more information about what it means to be an Employment Coordinator with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. For over 60 years, we have provided individual support to people with a lived experience of a mental health issue for them to live purposeful lives.
Our vision is to create communities where everyone’s mental health and wellbeing flourishes. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Experience within the Disability Employment Service Industry.
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Proof of customer service experience with demonstrable facilitation, presentation, mentoring and training skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and ability to fully utilise the client information management system.
- A carer role or having a lived experience will be an advantage.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
For further information, please contact Julie Duong, DES Program Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa, National Criminal Record checks, and Working With Children Check.
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900; and
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions; and
- Comprehensive infrastructure including mobile phones and other resources for work purposes; and
- Career development opportunities.
We are actively observing COVID safe work practices and have implemented further flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to get in touch with the listed contact if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 30th November. Please note: This date may be extended or brought forward as necessary.