Training and Assessment Coordinator, Community Businesses
Marrickville Business/Harris Park
Flourish Australia has multiple exciting new opportunities for Training and Assessment Coordinators to join the Community Businesses!
The positions are full-time working Monday to Friday with vacancies available at Marrickville and Harris Park. The vacancies are classified at Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018).
About the Opportunities
As the Training and Assessment Coordinator with Flourish Australia, you will provide vocational support and training for supported employees with Flourish Australia's Community Businesses. You will develop, deliver and coordinate individualised training options for supported employees and ensure that all supported employees have appropriate Employment Assistance Plans that identify vocational goals.
Additionally, as the Training and Assessment Coordinator, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of evidence based training opportunities for each supported employee to meet their identified goals through individual and group activities. You will deliver face to face training and coordinate training activities to be delivered by Supervisors and support staff.
For more information about what it means to be a Training and Assessment Coordinator with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. For over 60 years, we have provided individual support to people with a lived experience of a mental health issue for them to live purposeful lives.
Our vision is to create communities where everyone’s mental health and wellbeing flourishes. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Minimum of 3-years experience in delivering person led vocational training programs.
- Qualifications in occupational therapy, training and assessment, employment services, or related fields.
- Vocational training and assessment experience, preferably within a health sector setting.
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal organisational skills.
- Demonstrable facilitation, presentation, mentoring and training skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and ability to fully utilise the client information management system.
- Current Australian Driver's Licence.
- A personal lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of severe and persistent mental illness and how providing a recovery-oriented service is of benefit to people.
- A First Aid certificate.
For further information, please contact James Herbertson, General Manager, Employment. E: email@example.com (please do not email applications)
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa and a National Criminal Record check.
- Superannuation, leave loading and salary packaging available up to $15,900;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Comprehensive infrastructure including fleet motor vehicles, mobile phones and other resources for work purposes.
We are actively observing COVID safe work practices and have implemented flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to get in touch with the listed contact if you have any questions or concerns.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 7th December. Please note; this date is subject to operational needs and may be extended or brought forward as required.