Support Coordinator Vacancy
Flourish Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Support Coordinator to join our Western and Far Western NSW teams!
The position available is closed-term part-time (0.5 FTE) ending 30 June 2021 working Monday to Friday. You will have the flexibility to be based at either our Bathurst or Parkes office, supporting our Western/Far Western NSW teams. The vacancy is classified at Level 4 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement (2018).
About the Opportunity
Support Coordination includes a variety of activities that supports people with a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to take part in everyday activities giving people more choice and control over how, when and where those supports are provided.
The Support Coordinator will be responsible for establishing a positive collaborative relationship with the person and their support network and will assist the person to identify, link with, and coordinate supports in their local communities, to build skills, overcome barriers and achieve goals. The Support Coordinator will have the responsibility to ensure the implementation of the person's plans and the achievement of their goals.
The position is also required to ensure that people who have expressed an interest in accessing the NDIS and/or receiving support from Flourish Australia are engaged and supported to access suitable services.
For more information about what it means to be a Support Coordinator with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. For over 60 years, we have provided individual support to people with a lived experience of a mental health issue for them to live purposeful lives.
Our vision is to create communities where everyone’s mental health and wellbeing flourishes. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to the participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
To be successful in this role you will have a strong understanding of the NDIS and relevant supports available in the regional network, be proficient with technology and have a workable knowledge of databases. You also need to be able to effectively utilise NDIS packages while also obtaining knowledge of all Flourish Australia programs. You should also bring strong time management and organisational skills and proven capacity to prioritise work commitments.
In addition you will possess:
- A diploma or degree in the behavioural sciences or a health-related discipline.
- Demonstrated time management skills including prioritisation of competing tasks and the ability to work innovatively to solve complex issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of a mental health issue and how providing a recovery oriented service is of benefit to people.
- Understanding of the public sector and community based service systems relevant to people with a lived experience of a mental health issue and psychosocial disability and demonstrated experience navigating such systems and using influence to achieve positive results.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of support and coordination for people with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
- Demonstrated strong communication, advocacy and interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, facilitate outcomes and prepare correspondence & reports in clear and concise language.
- Current Australian Driver's Licence.
For further information, please contact Jenny Craig, Senior Cluster Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900; and
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions; and
- Career development opportunities.
We are actively observing COVID safe work practices and have implemented flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to get in touch with the listed contact if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 7th December Please note; This date may be extended or brought forward as required.