Practice Manager - headspace
Parramatta, Castle Hill, Bankstown
headspace is looking for a motivated and passionate full-time Practice Manager to join the team!
The successful candidate will work Monday to Friday based at the Sydney offices while providing support across the headspace Parramatta, Castle Hill, Bankstown and Broken Hill offices.
About the Opportunity
As the headspace Practice Manager, you will work under the direction of the Clinical & Operations Manager, to provide a broad range of office management and administrative support functions for the headspace teams at Parramatta, Castle Hill, Bankstown and Broken Hill. You will be a highly motivated and organised person to facilitate excellence in integrated holistic health care, with the goal of improving outcomes for people accessing the service and the wider community.
As the Practice Manager, you will work collaboratively with the headspace team to ensure complex administrative procedures are followed, including administration of quality controls such audits, accreditations and registrations; maintaining currency with insurances and overseeing and actively claiming MBS items through Medicare to trigger Medicare subsidies for associated psychological services.
For more information about what it means to be a Practice Manager, please review the Position Description.
About headspace and Flourish Australia
headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation supporting young people aged 12-25 years with their mental & general health care needs. One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. headspace provides early intervention mental health services to young people who present with mental health issues, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
Flourish Australia is one of Australia’s most experienced community mental health organisations. Our vision is to create communities where everyone’s mental health and wellbeing flourishes. Our purpose is to support people to flourish, believe in their futures, and become contributing members of the community.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Possession of tertiary qualifications in business management, administration, finance, or human resources.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- In depth knowledge of allied health/ medical practice management.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Medicare billing, Electronic Medical Records, and the Australian health system.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A high degree of computer literacy, including demonstrated experience with report writing and electronic client information management systems.
- Understanding of the Australian health care system, key issues in primary health care, the mental health service system, including the range of professionals that work within, or come into contact with, the mental health sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, policies and strategic directions of private allied health services.
- Knowledge of youth/health/medical sectors.
- Post graduate qualifications in business, administration, or human resources.
- Experience in private practice settings.
For more information please email Emely Tuncdoruk, Clinical and Operations Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
About the Benefits
- Tax-free salary packaging available up to $15,900;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions;
- Generous leave provisions including paid parental leave.
Appointments will be subject to satisfactory Australian residency/visa, National Criminal Record checks, and Working With Children Check.
We are actively observing COVID safe work practices and have implemented flexible working arrangements. We encourage you to get in touch with the listed contact if you have any questions or concerns.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 7th December. Please note; this date may be extended or brought forward as necessary.