ADE Supervisor - Cleaning
Flourish Australia has an exciting opportunity for an ADE Supervisor - Cleaning to join our Community Businesses team at Orange!
The position available is closed-term part-time (60 hours/fortnight) ending 30 June 2021 working Monday to Friday. In this position you will work alongside and oversee cleaners and Supported Employees to deliver precise cleaning methods.
Aims of the Community Businesses (Australian Disability Enterprises)
- Social: to create a recovery and reintegration pathway for people with mental health issues through various employment activities.
- Economic: to operate the business on a commercially sustainable basis of profitable growth whilst simultaneously offering employment opportunities for people.
- Product: to provide a range of commercial industry-standard products that meet the expectations and needs of targeted markets.
- Support: to increase awareness of mental health issues and to encourage businesses to support Australian Disability Enterprises and social enterprises.
The role of the ADE Supervisor - Cleaning is to:
- Ensure all daily and periodical cleaning is completed to the correct standards.
- Adhere to protocol concerning the cleaning of buildings and rooms in order to restore or maintain buildings in a clean and hygienic condition.
- Provide cleaning services in a flexible manner so as not to disrupt the duties of other employees in their work.
- Regularly monitor and assist Cleaners and Supported Employees in the performance of their cleaning duties on commercial contracts and provide them with the vocational skills and support required so that they can transition into and maintain meaningful open employment.
For more information on what it means to be a Supervisor (ADE) with Flourish Australia, please read the Position Description.
Please note - Successful candidates must maintain a Class C drivers license and proof of comprehensive insurance must be provided when required. You may be directed to use your private motor vehicle in the course of performing your duties when an organisational pool motor vehicle is unavailable. You will receive the Travelling Transport and Fares Allowance when using your private vehicle for work related purposes.
Who we are
Flourish Australia operates social enterprises and community businesses with the purpose of creating sustainable employment, vocational and training opportunities for people with mental health issues. We work in local communities to help people on their mental health recovery journey.
People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia – they’re our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Trade certificate or equivalent qualifications in cleaning (or willingness to obtain).
- 1 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Have a demonstrated understanding of cleaning techniques and equipment.
- Well-developed verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and proceed with minimal supervision.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence (manual).
- Understanding of the challenges faced by people with a lived experience of mental health issues and how providing a recovery-oriented service is of benefit to people.
For more information, please contact Sheree Masling, Manager. E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
About the Benefits
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- SES Award Grade 5; and
- Tax-free salary packaging available up to $15,900; and
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications close 5pm 7th December. Please note; this date may be extended or brought forward as necessary.